The Sweet Things in Life

Thursday, November 14, 2013

October

Once again in October we went camping. This time we went camping/ATV riding. The weather was much cooler this time but it was still really, really nice.  We basically rode trails all day and played by the camp fire at night!

 The trails were absolutely beautiful. The was an old railroad shed.

 
 
 trails + mud = happy kids!

 
EXHAUSTED!


Throughout the month, we spent most weekends at friends houses watching our Vols play! One night Lydia wanted to dress just like daddy!

 
 
 
Then Halloween week came, I'm not a big fan of Halloween but I do enjoy some of the traditions of Halloween; my favorite being pumpkin carving. Layton thought it was so cool that we could cut them and pull their guts out!
 


 
And thanks to Pawpaw this year, we had "yard art"!
 

 
 I always tell my girls to pick something out to dress up in from home or come up with something we can make. (With the exception of last year, Pawpaw instisted he buy them a costume!) Layton decided to be an India girl and Lydia decided to be a Diva! We actually decided to go "old fashioned" trick-or-treating. The girls thought it was fun to walk around a neighborhood and knock on people's doors for candy.
 
 2009
 
I have no idea why I'm not able to get a picture without one of them throwing a peace sign up. But I thought it was somewhat appropriate that the India offered peace... 
 
Again, after trying 3 separate times, I gave up.
 I might miss the "peace sign" days! 
 
 
                                                                            Lydia
 
Layton


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment