The Sweet Things in Life

Monday, May 12, 2014

Easter 2014


We started Easter weekend off Saturday morning by going to the Munford Easter Egg Drop. A helicopter dropped 16,000 eggs onto a field and the kids were able to pick them up! It sounded fun... My mom took the girls several years ago and they had fun but this year it was SO many people that it just wasn’t that exciting. The girls got lots of eggs and candy though. Lydia even won a few ice cream cones from Sonic, woo-hoo! Aunt Amy met us there with Jaxson. He was so excited about all the eggs. But when it came time to talk to the Easter Bunny, he wasn’t a happy little boy!
 
My baby looks almost as tall as the bunny! :(
 

 

One of my best friends growing up, works on the local Hospital Wing in our area. She always said she wanted to do something different when we grew up. I would say she succeeded, big, what an honorable job.
 
We dyed eggs Saturday afternoon. Recently, I seen something on Pintrest about how to dye eggs with Kool-Aid. I thought that might be better than the kit & vinegar. We had 8 different colored packets and the eggs turned out so pretty. The colors were so bright. And the best part was the girls were able to taste the colors! I know that sounds strange but every year, Layton begs me for just a little taste. I always have to tell her no but not this year!! I think we will dye eggs like this every year from now on.

 
The next morning we woke up to lots of surprises from the Easter Bunny! Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures but the girls each received a bible cover with their name monogrammed on it & lots of other fun goodies! They were beyond excited, especially about the bible covers.


 
Praise God, HE LIVES!
 
Bro. Steve preached a wonderful message about our Risen Savior that morning and we all enjoyed worshipping together. The kids choir sang during our service that morning and they did a wonderful job. I don’t think I will ever tire of hearing my babies sing. The love it and so do I!
*A quick story* All the kids, in kids choir,  were sitting on the stage steps waiting on church to start. They were being so patient and all looked so pretty in the Easter outfits. I noticed that the little girl beside Layton was sticking her finger in Layton’s face and I assumed was talking ugly to her. Layton is the type of person that will not accept someone being rude to her (or anyone else around her!). So, my mama alert immediately went up! I just knew that Layton would probably push/hit/kick the little girl and she would fall off the stage and …….. I showed Dave and his words of encouragement were “Oh no………….” but the longer I sat there (and prayed REALLY hard!), I thought maybe we should just let her handle it. I prayed that she would handle it in the way we are trying to teach her, not aggressively! And low and behold, PRAISE Jesus, she handled it great! She did put her finger in the little girls face, said something, and it was over. The little girl stopped being rude to Layton. They sat there until song time, looking pretty as ever. After they sang, Layton came to her seat and, Dave & I, both bombarded her with praises about how proud we were that she handled the situation in the way that she did. She acted like it was no big deal but it was huge to us! It kind of makes me think we are doing something right!!!!!!
After church we headed to Mimi’s house for lunch and the annual egg hunt.
I love this picture! Layton loves her big sister.
 




It never fails, every time I see a picture with  my husband & our babies, it melts my heart! And it also makes me giggle to think how much these little girls have this big man wrapped around their little fingers..... :)
 

 
 
Mimi & Papa’s great grandbabies; ages 10,9,8,6,4.
 
 
 
Mimi and my girls.  


Thankfully after a million pictures, they were able to change clothes and find eggs!
 


 
I am so thankful the day was beautiful and we were able to play outside and enjoy family time but more thankful that God gave his only Son to die for my sins and that I am able to worship him freely.

 
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment