The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

And she’s off....to church camp


In February, our church started talking about the children going to Camp Linden. Lydia said she wanted to go, I agreed it would be fun for her but didn’t think much about it. She is so shy and quiet, I assumed the closer we got to July, she would change her mind! Dave was hesitant about letting her go but, from experience, I know how much fun church camp is. I thought it would be a great opportunity to let her spread her wings and what better place than CHURCH CAMP?! The night before she left she started crying, she was so nervous and anxious. I’ll admit I was a softy....I slept with her that night....in her (twin size) bed! I just knew she would wake up the next morning and tell me she didn’t want to go. She didn’t, she said she was ready to leave but didn’t want to talk about it! Right before we left the house, she grabbed some sunglasses because she said she knew she would cry the whole way there......way to me your mom feel better, Lydia!

We got to the church about 10:30, they were scheduled to leave around 11. She boarded the bus 10 mins before everyone else. She REALLY was ready to get this part over with. I wanted to go get her off that bus SO bad but I also wanted her to prove (to herself) that she could do it! She was gone all week and only called once!  She called me Tuesday morning about 7. The reception was really bad but she was able to tell me that she was happy and having a good time. Every night, Dave would tell me to call her and check on her! Thank God for FB, the church posted pictures all week of the fun times they were having! She called me Friday once they left the camp and told me that she had a lot of fun but was ready to get home. I enjoyed hearing all her stories about camp, the people she met from other states, the activities she did, and all the fun things that happened all week. Her faith has grown so much because of her camp experiences.

 






 
P.S.I should have taken a picture but one of the things I was most worried about was her not bathing! I know that sounds gross but......She was gone for 4 nights, that should have equaled 4 showers.....she came back with a full container of soap. Her soap bottle had NEVER BEEN USED! I did NOT ask her anything about this, simply because I didn’t want to hear her answer! She did say that when they got in at night, a lot of the other girls would beat her to the showers! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment