The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lydia’s in the 4th grade!


Lydia started school 3 weeks ago, 4th grade! Her teachers are Mr. Bennett Overall and Mrs. Beverly Cole. I think she was disappointed that she has a man for her home room teacher but has come to realize that he’s a great teacher. She doesn’t have many friends in her classes so she’s been a little bummed about that but is ok now. She is still getting used to having homework EVERY night. That is new to her (us)! In years past, she hasn’t had much homework. On the afternoon of the first day, I asked her to tell me some cool things about 4th grade: she has an agenda this year, she has a locker in the hallway (compared to past years her lockers have been in the classrooms) and there are a lot of new rules – ALL BIG DEALS!!!! When she mentioned she had a locker in the hallway, I asked her what her combination to her lock was....dummy me, you don’t get locks for your locker until MIDDLE school!  

I look forward to hearing all about her 4th grade experiences! I DO NOT look forward to the homework!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment