The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My “mama” heart exploded...


 

August 12, 2014, was just a normal day in my world. Around 430 I picked up Lydia and we start on our way home. As we were riding home, she told me that she needed to tell me something. By the way she was acting, I realized she was really nervous. She told me that she wanted to be baptized, that she had confessed her sins to the Lord. I asked her to explain what she was feeling & thinking. She explained that she had done the ABCs of faith, Admit, Believe and Confess. And that now she wanted to be baptized. As she talked, I realized that she was fully aware of what had happened in her heart. My heart was beating 100 miles a minute! I felt so many emotions in those few seconds. I was so, so proud of my baby girl. Of course, I started to tear up as I drove! She made the comment that she probably should have saved telling me until I wasn’t driving! It was the LONGEST ride home! We finally got home and she told Dave about her decision. He was a proud daddy too! Later that night when we had a little private time, without little sister (she was in the tub), we sat down with Lydia and prayed the salvation prayer. We got almost all the way through it and Layton starts yelling for me. I ignored her, trying to “have a moment” with Lydia but Layton yelled louder and louder. When I didn’t answer she said, “I’m gonna get out of the bathtub and get water all over your floor!” We all started giggling. Thankfully we had just finished.
She said that she has been thinking about it for a few weeks and that camp had a big impact on her decision. But that without us at camp, she didn’t want to make any decisions. We went and talked with Bro Steve the next night at church. She will be baptized in a few weeks.   
I am so proud of her. There are so many people who don’t listen to the Lord. She, at 9 years old, has listened & obeyed.

"We have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of The Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:9-10

1 comment: