The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

She strikes again.....


Lydia decided she wanted to play softball again this past spring. I feel like a total failure as a mother because 1) I didn't get that many pictures because Dave and I helped coach & 2) I somehow have lost the pictures I did take. :( But I'm telling myself that I will find them one day and add them then......
 Lydia hasn't played softball since she was 5, so I really didn't know what to expect, she has always been so timid when it comes to physical activity.But she did GREAT and improved as the season went on. She hit really well but she gave me a heartattack each time she would hit the ball and run, she is SO SLOW running! It is like watching someone in slow motion. She did get a few doubles and one triple. She played 2nd base all season. She did really good and by the end of the season, she was moving better with the ball in play .(basically doing what a 2nd baseman should be!)
 As a mother, (I think) I’m calm in a lot of situations but sports are my weakness! I am a very competitive person and in the past, I’ve been known as the one hollering, not in a bad way but in a loud way, at their children!  Lydia doesn’t like anyone hollering for her, good or bad! So at the beginning of the season, I promised her that I would just let her play and have fun. (I think) I kept good on my promise! Her poor little team didn’t win but 1 or 2 games but we had a great season and made lots of new friends.    
The ball games wore little sister out! Bless her little, talkative heart....I think she spoke to every person at the ballfields each game. She had so much fun, walking around talking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment