The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Growing Up…


I am usually pretty good about this growing up thing… but last week I had to take Lydia shopping…

 

There were just SO many! Poor thing...she just kept staring at them all! I suggested that she get something for sports and something for everyday. She agreed but wanted some padding...um NO we don't need padding at 9 years old... 

Earlier that day, she had her first visit to the optometrist. She had told me a few weeks ago that she couldn’t see the board in her class very clearly. I decided we’d better get her eyes checked. This was the first doctors visit where they told me, “Mom, you can stay in the waiting room. She will be out shortly!”Ummmm, okay…. So, I sat there for about 20 minutes by myself thinking about how time passes quickly! How just a few years ago, she was holding a bottle, smiling a toothless grin at me!


After she was finished with her exam, the doctor came out said that she needs a little help in the classroom and reading areas. She won’t have to wear them all the time, just in school mainly. She’s excited to get them! We then had to make a decision on frames. She tried on at least 100 pairs! She finally decided on this pair!


She looks so grown up! Where the heck did my baby go?! L  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment