The Sweet Things in Life

Monday, September 8, 2014

Proud mama moment!


 
Lydia was baptized yesterday! It was one of the proudest moments I’ve ever experienced as a mother. I am so proud that my shy, quiet, little girl has taken that HUGE leap of faith. She is now not only my little girl but my sister in faith.
 




Hallelujah!


 
Lydia is so shy but I have always told her that even though she may not speak to everyone or be as outgoing as her sister J, she can still let her light shine in other ways! She does a great job at letting her light shine and recently her light has gotten bigger and brighter!! I look forward to watching her faith grow and seeing her light shine!

“Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the Word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.” Philippians 2:14-16

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”  Psalm 119:105

I was overwhelmed by our family that came to church to watch Lydia be baptized. We felt so loved and are so blessed to have such a sweet family. After church, lots of family and friends came over to help us celebrate. Of course, I didn't get many pictures but we have sweet memories, right?!



No comments:

Post a Comment