The Sweet Things in Life

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Watch out Kindergarten and 5th grade...WHOA!

 
Lydia started the 5th grade this year - WHOA! Layton started Kindergarten - DOUBLE WHOA! This is the only year they will be in the same school together. Layton has been SOOOOOOOO excited to start. I was so nervous about her having to be quite and still at the same time! I am happy to report that after her first full week of school, she was able to get a prize from the treasure box for excellent behavior EVERY day! Go Layton! Lydia is so happy about her teachers this year. She has been asked to be a part of the Kids Team. It was an honor that she was asked to join, only well-behaved students are choosen. She will assist with certain activities in the school and she will work in the library one day a week. She is so excited about this privilage. I am so proud her. Way to go, Lydia!
 
The Friday before school started, I took off so that the girls and I could spend some time together and what better way to spend girl time than getting pampered?!
 

 
First Day of School!
 

They are catching up to me! Lydia reminds me all the time that she is almost as tall as I am!

 
I pray that Lydia has a wonderful 5th grade year. It's a big year...school dances, a little more independence, last year in elemetary school. Good Luck, sweet girl!


It's still crazy to think my baby is in school now! She has gone one full week and loves every minute of it. She has specific chores she does every day and I think that is what is keeping her out of trouble! She has made lots of new friends & tells us all kind of funny stories every afternoon. By the talks of the teachers and staff, everyone just loves her to pieces! I am so excited for her to experience something new. I can't wait to see her successes this year.
 

 
Layton with her teacher, Miss Chasity. She was just a tiny bit excited! haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment